Salmon, packed with omega-3’s and a good source of protein, along with other meaty filets like swordfish and mahi-mahi, are fantastic when infused with the flavorful char of a grill. It’s a great option when looking for a healthy protein to toss on the grates. Here are our three favourite grilled salmon recipes that the whole family will enjoy.
Grilled Maple Glazed Salmon
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup sliced leeks
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- Stir maple syrup, vinegar, leeks, ginger, salt and pepper in small bowl. Place salmon in glass baking dish. Pour marinade over salmon; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or longer.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Place salmon, skin-side up on grill. Grill covered 1 minute. Carefully turn salmon. Brush with additional maple syrup. Grill covered 3 to 4 minutes or to desired texture.
Grilled Salmon with Yogurt Lemon Caper Sauce
This recipe is based on a version of poached salmon served cold alongside a yogurt-based sauce with lemon juice, capers and dill that you’ll often find at brunches, bridal showers and potlucks. But here, the salmon is grilled, giving it tons of added flavor, and it can be served chilled, like the classic, or warm from the grill.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 fillet (1 1/4 lbs.) salmon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat grill to RED zone.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir yogurt, dill, capers, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Brush salmon with oil and grill, flesh side down for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn over and continue to grill for 4 to 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve cold salmon with sauce.
Shredded Kale Caesar Salad with Grilled Salmon
Caesar salads, in particular, are perfect for warm-weather dining, especially when topped with fresh salmon. Grill the salmon on top first to get perfect grill marks, then flip it over and grill it on the skin until it’s cooked through. Add some fresh parmesan cheese and croutons, and you’ll have a perfectly filling lunch or dinner that seems made for a spring alfresco meal.
- 1 bunch kale
- Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1 fillet (1 lb.) salmon
- Using food processor, slice kale; set aside.
- Heat indoor grill to SEAR or outdoor grill to high.
- Spread 1 teaspoon Caesar dressing over top and bottom of salmon.
- Place salmon top side down on grill and grill for 3 minutes. Turn and grill until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Toss kale and croutons with Caesar dressing. Arrange on individual plates.
- Top salad with grilled salmon.