We all know how difficult it can be to provide our family with healthy meals they will actually enjoy, when time is limited and kids are notoriously finicky. This quick and simple dish packs in a lot of flavour so everyone at the dinner table will be happy. Add fun toppings like guacamole, low-fat cheese, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, and chopped tomatoes or salsa. Kids love assembling a fajita just the way they like it, so they are more inclined to eat a well-rounded meal with their favorite ingredients.
These chicken fajitas are so much fun to prepare and taste great, what’s not to love?
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenders
- 2 red bell pepper, halved, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, halved, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 6 flour tortillas
- Stir olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, onion salt, cumin, pepper and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high heat. (You can also use a skillet or griddle.)
- Drain chicken breasts; discard marinade.
- Place red pepper, green pepper and onion in grill basket if using outdoor grill.
- Grill peppers and onions 5 to 7 minutes; stirring occasionally until crisp/tender.
- Grill chicken strips covered 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink. Let chicken rest for several minutes.
- Serve chicken strips, grilled peppers and onions with flour tortillas.