My game plan going into the holiday season always includes two things. 1. Do as much shopping as I can online. And 2. Make homemade gifts. Clicking a button takes a little bit (OK, a lot) of the fun out of gift-giving and holiday shopping. I fill that void by setting aside time to make some of my gifts. Whether it be having a craft night to make homemade gift bags or spending the day in the kitchen making edible presents (the best kind of presents).
This cranberry almond salted chocolate bark is an easy recipe to whip up and hand out to neighbors, coworkers, or friends. I topped my bark with dried cranberries and almonds, but pistachios would be a nice addition (keep the red and green theme going), or keep it nut-free and add other dried fruits like apricots, or even candied ginger.
Bag the bark in cellophane gift bags and tie with festive ribbon and holly or pack it into holiday tins that the lucky recipient can reuse at their next cookie exchange.
Give a gift made with love this holiday season. Find the recipe for our holiday bark below and head to the kitchen.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) dark chocolate wafers
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped, reserve 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped, reserve 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl on 50% power, stirring occasionally, microwave dark chocolate wafers and almond extract 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add cranberries and almonds to chocolate, stir until blended.
- Immediately spread mixture evenly onto lined cookie sheet. Let stand until chocolate is almost set. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let stand until completely set.
- In a small microwaveable bowl on 50% power, stirring occasionally, microwave white chocolate chips 1 to 1 ½ minutes or until melted. Drizzle over chocolate mixture. Let stand until drizzle is set.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.