Do you ever have days when you feel like you just can’t wake up? That feeling that no second snooze button push or third cup of coffee can alleviate? If you’re having trouble getting through the morning or afternoon, pop one of these no-bake energy bites in your mouth for a little boost.
These little balls of energy come together in no time in your Hamilton Beach® food processor. They’re made with ingredients you likely already have in the pantry and are ready with the push (or in this case pulse) of a button.
Using a food processor fitted with the mixing/chopping blade, add old fashioned oats, flax seeds, and chia seeds through the food chute with the appliance running. Process until the mixture is well blended, then transfer to a large bowl and add vanilla whey protein powder.
Using your food processor again, add dried cranberries and almonds through the food chute and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Add the cranberry mixture to the same bowl as the oat mixture. Then add the remaining ingredients – coconut, mini chocolate chips, almond butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until until the ingredients are combined. The almond butter not only adds a little bit of sweetness and extra protein, it’s the glue that helps these little bites hold their shape.
Now for the fun part. Let the kids get in on the action and roll the mixture into balls. Enjoy a few on the spot or put some in a freezer-safe bag for later. They’ll defrost during the day and be waiting for you when that 2:30 feeling hits.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 package (6 oz) dried cranberries
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a food processor fitted with mixing/chopping blade, with food processor running, add old fashioned oats, flaxseed and chia seeds through food chute. Process until oats mixture is chopped and blended. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in protein powder.
- Using food processor again, add dried cranberries and almonds through food chute. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped. Add cranberries and almond mixture to the oat mixture.
- Add coconut, mini chocolate chips, almond butter and vanilla extract. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Roll into 1-inch balls. Store in an airtight container.
TAGS: bites, chia, chocolate, coconut, cranberries, cranberry, energy, flax, No-bake, oats
CATEGORIES: appetizers & snacks, Everyday Recipes, From the Test Kitchen, Healthy Eating