Summer is almost here and everyone is ready to put fresh fruits and vegetables on the table. You may have seen recipes for zoodles (zucchini noodles), but we love the idea of spiralizing a couple of vegetables to make vegetable noodles. For our Spiralizer Garden Pasta we added yellow squash to leave you with a colourful, tasty dish both kids and adults can enjoy.
This meal is not only appealing to the eye (it’s almost too pretty to eat), it’s rich in flavour while still being figure-friendly. Whether you are trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables or having guests over for dinner and drinks on the patio, this Spiralizer Garden Pasta fits the bill.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium medium yellow squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- Using a spiralizer, make spirals of zucchini and yellow squash.
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full of water. Over high heat, boil water. Add vegetable spirals. Cook until tender, about 15 seconds. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- In large skillet over medium-high, cook garlic in olive oil until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, vinegar, salt and peppers. Cook just until tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve over vegetable spirals.
TAGS: spiralizer, squash, vegetables, zucchini
CATEGORIES: Everyday Recipes, Food Focus, Healthy Eating, main courses