Canada is turning 150 this Saturday and we can’t wait to celebrate! While you might be busy preparing for your special Canada Day celebration, we want to help and add this red and white no-bake cheesecake to your menu! Not only is it tasty and easy to make, the colours are sure to complement your party theme perfectly.
In the spirit of Canada’s 150th birthday, we want to share 15 fun food and drink facts about Canada:
- Canada produces 77% of the world’s maple syrup.
- Canadians consume the most doughnuts and has the most doughnut shops per capita than any country in the world.
- Hawaiian pizza was invented in Canada.
- Poutine was created in Quebec in the late 1950s.
- Peameal bacon is a Canadian original.
- All Caramilk bars are produced at Toronto’s Gladstone Chocolate Factory.
- Montreal-style bagels are known as one of the best bagels in the world.
- All-dressed and ketchup chips are exclusively Canadian.
- Bloody Caesar is one of the most popular cocktails in Canada.
- Timbits and a “Double Double” – you can’t get more Canadian than with this combo.
- Southern Ontario is known for its ice wine production.
- Canadians consume more Mac & Cheese than any other country in the world.
- McDonalds in the Maritimes offer McLobster sandwiches when in season.
- Canadian distiller Iceberg Vodka from Newfoundland harvests the water from icebergs that break off from glaciers.
- Coffee Crisp chocolate bars are made in Canada.