In our latest Make It with Hamilton Beach episode, host @MirandaMalisani, paired up with pro sports broadcaster and amateur baker @tvnatasha, shows us her recipe for a delicious Chocolate Chaga Pie. Not only is this dessert extremely decedent, but you won’t believe some of the good-for-you ingredients Miranda has mixed in using our Multi-Function Blender. Watch the full recipe video then make it at home!
- 1 box (160 grams) gluten free graham crackers
- 10 Medjool dates pitted and soaked with boiling water
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 350 grams extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon chaga powder
- 1 tablespoon organic tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 1/2 cups 60% dark chocolate chips
- coconut whipped topping
- dark chocolate shavings or cacao powder to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an 8 inch glass pie dish by spreading light layer of oil with paper towel.
- Remove pits from dates and add to a medium bowl. Pour boiling water to cover top of dates and let soak for 7 to 8 minutes or until soft.
- Place graham crackers, walnut and softened dates in food processor and process into a fine texture.
- Evenly press mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie dish. Bake crust for 10 minutes then set aside to cool while preparing filling.
- Bake crush for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool while preparing filling.
- To prepare filling, place the tofu, chaga powder, nut butter and cashew milk into the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into pie shell and place in fridge covered to set for 12 hours.
- When pie is chilled, add coconut whip and chocolate garnish with chocolate.
Recipe by Miranda Malisani
Miranda Malisani, RNCP is a Toronto based Nutritionist who is recognized nationally for her expertise in holistic nutrition. Her down-to-earth attitude and ability to cater her services to an individual’s needs has made her a leader in the field.
TAGS: cashew milk, chocolate, pie, tofu
CATEGORIES: dessert, Make it with Hamilton Beach, thanksgiving